Driving to the airport yourself in your own car is one of the best and most cost-effective, convenient ways of starting your holiday. Airport parking both on-site and off-site has become popular with travellers, especially family’s who want a hassle and taxi free, way of economically getting to/from the Airport. With that in mind, see below, our top ten tips to make the journey easy and stress free;
- Check car insurance, MOT, & Tax are all up to date and not likely to expire whilst your are away.
- Clean out the car and remove all loose valuables.
- Make sure the car battery is fully charged and all lights and electrical items are switched off. Last thing you want is to come back from holiday and find a flat battery.
- Check tyre pressures are all good.
- As with all things, plan ahead & book early for the best deals.
- Use comparison sites, e.g Money Saving Expert and check reviews on social media.
- Filter on the right options for you, usually either (a) Park & ride (b) Meet & Greet
- Check the car parking provider has the Park Mark accreditation, this demonstrates that the company has been independently inspected, meeting all standards & security specifications.
- Check arrangements for shuttle transfers from the car park to the airport and vice-versa upon return, as you may need to pro-actively call the operator for pick-up. Most importantly, make sure that you know which Bus Stop to be standing at for collection and how long it takes.
- When collecting your car, do a thorough inspection on the premises before leaving just like you would when collecting or returning a car rental.
Last but not least, don’t forget to have a fab time away!